Friday, September 23, 2005

Meet the staff of Jack's Diner

It's been a few days since I posted anything---this time of year is very transitional in its energies, it's hard to focus. In any event, we at Jack's Diner have been trying to get things sorted out and put away. Trying to decide on a winter menu, per se. Our dear Jack moves at one speed, slow, and he insists on leading, so we don't often get things done as quickly as we like. Me, I don't mind slow, I like to putter around, as long as the pantry is stocked and the freezer is full, I'm happy. Billy loves this time of year, the transition, the crisp mornings, waking up to the smell of coffee . . . we haven't closed any of the windows yet, so the warm smell of coffee is a delicious contrast to the cool morning temps.

The farmer's market is burgeoning with all my favorite foods right now. I have a new respect and love for organic food. Everyone should support their local farmers. I had spaghetti squash the other night like none I've ever tasted. It was like ambrosia, baby! That's right, food of the gods! We are thinking about taking in the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival on Sunday. It is the Northeast equivalent to the big Garlic fest in California from what I understand. I love garlic!! Well, I'm going to sign off for now. I'll let you all know how the festival turns out..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home