Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Herb, the culinary, olfactory, and visual everything


One of my coworkers is getting married a couple of weeks before me and I stole her idea for centerpieces/gifts. I mentioned herbs and gardening a couple of posts ago, and this is why. What better thing to sit in the middle of a table is a living breathing potted aromatic collection of herbs?? I can't think of anything either. So each table will be getting an assortment of potted herbs wrapped in rafia or velvet ribbon . . . a very elegant card attached to each pot, etc. Billy, I'm hoping, will score me some fresh cut roses from work to add some color to these already lovely arrangements. The herbs I picked up at the farmer's market on Saturday from an organic grower and they are beautiful. I got them repotted into red clay pots on Sunday, and I just can't stop looking at them. I have lavender, oregano, marjoram, creeping thyme, and rosemary and before I got them outside into the new pots, my kitchen/pantry smelled divine. Anyway, that's all I have to say about herb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home